Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Very Simple Lunch

Today we are having an "easy" lunch. I made some udon noodles and tossed them with some sesame oil (to prevent sticking), soy, mirin and a shot of hot sauce as she has said that she likes things a little spicy. Who knew? Then I steamed some pork and shrimp dumplings for some protein. Added to that is some burdock root salad, a little pickled radish and three small cookies that we got in a gift basket from Ebisuya. The bento box I got for a steal from Ohayobento. I also got some picks, a lamb bento and some cut flower silicon cups I can't wait to use. I wrapped it using the napkins I got from Ecolunchboxes a while back. Pippy is not thrilled with the stainless steel, but I love it.
I am in the process of making new clothes for her bento that don't come with bags. We picked out the fabric, but now I just have to find the time and clear a space on the table to cut and press them for stitching. I am not sure if I want to use my eldest's sewing machine or do the more tradition running stitch by hand. We will see. Considering my crazy schedule I may use the machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment