Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Quiche

I made some mini hamburgers and froze those, but I figure that everyone knows what they look like, no real chore there. Today though was a job of love. For the first time in my life I made quiches (or as my daughter likes to say kweeshes). I used a frozen puff dough and rolled it out thin. Then I made rectangles and layered them in muffin tins. To prebake I used some aluminum foil (which is not very thrifty or eco friendly, but they are getting recycled at least) balled up and put inside the cups. They baked for about 5 minutes, then I filled them with the egg mixture and topped with some cheese, and back into the oven for another 25 minutes total. They are not the prettiest things, but they should go nicely in a bento box. Next time I will do better.

I will top them with some chopped chives, green onions or herbs for presentation to break of the pale colors. I am not sure whether I will simply thaw them or bake them the morning of, so that will be an experiment either way. In this picture they are on a tray destined for the freezer so they will freeze individually for packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment