Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Week

As I have previously stated, sometimes the presentation can make the difference as to whether the picky eater will actually eat the lunch that is packed or not. Today I mixed some cooked green beans in the fruit and vegetable sauce that I picked up at the Japanese grocery. Paige is currently in Anime/Manga mode, so using Japanese ingredients will sometimes get her to eat something she normally wouldn't.

This bento was pretty easy to put together. I had frozen rice and a hot dog all ready to go, all I had to do was come up with some filler. The only thing I don't like about it is that there are too many empty spaces, but I couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't make the bento more bulky and hard to close.

The top has a container for ketchup to use with the hot dogs, then a pile of sticky rice. Green beans on the side are cooked in Japanese fruit and vegetable sauce. On the bottom are Japanese cucumbers that are practically seedless (less moisture is good) with blackberries that were on sale this week. Then we have the octodogs with black peppercorn eyes. It is find to crunch them, but spicy, so I warned the kidlet to take them out first. Sorry that the bottom is a little sloppy, I had the green beans on the bottom initially, but the hot dogs wouldn't fit properly on the shallower top tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment