Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleepy....

Our entire family had trouble waking up this morning. I blame the overcast skies which are still overhead. Still, I got dressed and made Paige's lunch and still got to school on time. Of course it was made entirely of leftovers and I just realized that I forgot to include bread for the falafel.

Yesterday she had school lunch. They ran out of soup, so she ended up with the regular hot lunch. She told me it looked like vomit and she had no idea of what it was. Not only that, but after we paid, she was told that we owe another 4 dollars! How did that happen?? She brings lunch to school, and if not I pay for it up front. Needless to say, I am not happy with the school lunch program. This issue has happened a few times before and I just paid it, but not this time. I am done with appeasing this program that doesn't even produce edible, healthy foods.

Here at the top is baby spinach and falafel. On the bottom there is humus, a container of taziki sauce and some dried fruit and slice oranges. The layout isn't as pretty as I would like, but it is a well rounded meal and she likes falafel so there is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment