Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Easy Does It

The boil water order is over and we are none the worse for wear. I suppose I will keep using the boiled water until it is gone though, I hate wasting water. You can imagine how I felt about flushing the lines and emptying my hot water heater.




Despite this, I woke up not knowing that our water is safe now so I tried to use only a few things for Paige's lunch, just a knife, small fry pan and a plate. The plate is because I woke up late and needed to cool down her rice. The way to do it is to spread it out on a platter, and if you are in a real hurry, put it in the freezer for a few minutes.

The top is a fried rice with carrots, snow peas, red pepper and an egg mixed with a little tamari and some mirin to sweeten it up a bit. Below is a jello shooter with cantaloupe and raspberries.


It occurred to me that I have never posted a picture of what this type of bento looks like all ready to go. It is a simple design, but it doesn't seal itself well if you over stuff it. That is why, in addition to the cute bag that comes with it, I use a thick rubber band to hold it closed. There are also bands made especially for this if you are in the market you might want to pick one up. When I get the money I will be picking up a couple new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment