Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

She Loves Her Eggs

Pippy loves her eggs. Seriously. She told me a few weeks ago that she wanted to take a break from them, but the next day asked for them again. I wish she felt the same for boiled eggs as I have a few molds that I like to use. Rice is also a passion of hers. I try to give her noodles sometimes but they are usually met with "They are good, but...". I love that kid. I am also finding that it is getting harder to fit all the different types of food in one box lately. Don't get me wrong, these boxes are the right size for her, especially with such a fleeting lunch time, but I like to add something sweet and this usually goes by the wayside in favor of vegetables.

Kind of blah looking, but this is what she wanted. I used a green leaf lettuce as baran to separate the rice from the rest of it. The rolled omelette got a little spinach in there, but it just wasn't rolling right for me today. That could be because I had the heat really low and it may need that crust to keep it together. Live and learn. In the pink cup is a Japanese potato salad and squished in the blue cup is the last of the baby spinach cooked in a little soy sauce. We had packets of soy left over from our New Year Chinese take out, so those went in the cloth along with some chopsticks.

P.S. I REALLY want to find the bunny shaped bento for her. It was the first time I heard her squee over a bento box (other than a filled one of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment