Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baking Frenzy

Well, maybe this doesn't qualify for a frenzy, but I did do some baking yesterday. Nothing special, just some bread and cookies, both of which my youngest likes a lot. I did not make them bento sized, but Paige did get a cookie in with her lunch today, wrapped separately of course.
Bread baking evokes such good feelings. There is the smell of the yeast, the molding it with your hands, the smoothness of the dough before you put it to rise and of course the aroma of baking bread to wake up those taste buds. I have been baking for many years, though not so much for a while now. I don't know why I stopped.
This isn't for bento, but it is for a picky child, so I thought I would do a little blog with some pictures. I will be posting another entry just for her bento today.





The top is Egg Bread, both a loaf for toasting and French toast and some clover rolls for om nomming. The lower picture are snickerdoodles, half of which are already gone. I packed one with Paige's bento today.

1 comment:

  1. "Om nomming"! That's perfect! So since that's the sound they make...does that make it "om-nom-otopoeia"?

    ReplyDelete