Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner for the Tired

I knew that volunteering would be work, but wow. I am sore in muscles I didn't even know I had. There was a lot of lugging and carrying and chopping and stirring. We fed ninety families that are being put up in motels in the area while they wait for housing. My girls worked very hard and did a great job. It is nice to give something back since they help us too.

Tonight's dinner was meant to be easy and cool to make. Again we used a mix of food bank, vegetable box and staples that we have in the house. It was a pasta chicken salad. I had to make a dressing because we didn't have anything in the house that would work. It was a simple vinaigrette with balsamic vinegar, some mustard, salt and pepper and olive oil. There were grape tomatoes, broccoli and red onion from our vegetable box and carrots, pasta, and canned chicken from the food bank. The dressing was made with staples I had in the house. Things are going to get rough as I run out of staples. We will deal with that when it happens, for now, yummy salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment