Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Postings

School bento season is now officially over, so I won't have new bento pictures to put up until the end of August. What will I write about in the mean time? I think that I will write about how to eat frugally, especially using food pantry items that I get from Bread of Life when I volunteer or after a month from my last pick up. It is hard to write about needing assistance, but I am sure that there are others out there who are equally having troubles and maybe are ashamed to talk about it.
What I will try to do is occasionally write about my grocery budget and making decent meals with that supplemented with food pantry items. Sometimes I have great ideas, then other times not so great. The point will be to share ideas about eating frugally.

The other day we had chicken BBQ sandwiches made from a big can of chicken from the food pantry, BBQ sauce that I bought on sale a few weeks ago for Paige's bentos and homemade rolls made with flour, yeast and salt that I had on hand plus eggs and powdered milk from the food pantry. The food pantry also gave us a lot of yellow squash, so I caramelized some onions from my vegetable box and sauteed the sliced squash for a side dish. It was a hit, and my girls who do not like summer squashes ate it up.

Next time I have a meal to write about I will try to take a picture for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment