Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Under Pressure

It seems that I work well under pressure. We are at the end of the week and because of budget issues can't do much shopping, which means I have to work with a very limited stock. Fortunately I found some stuff in the freezer that needs to be dealt with and I still have some vegetables to use, not to mention the load of rice we still have. Today's bento is bits of this and that, which I suppose is technically how it should be done anyway.


To the left is a quick stir fry of snowpeas and mini corn with Hoisin sauce. Behind the green baran there are three pork and vegetable dumplings and a bottle of soy. The rice is decorated with pickled ginger to give it a little lift visually. She usually picks off most of it, though it tastes excellent with the rice. She ate the bento leftovers for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment