Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Basic Lunch Today

You won't see chips with this sandwich, though if I had the energy I would have fried up some carrot chips or something. Between school and the weather I just want to stay in bed and sleep. I love the cold, but it isn't cold enough to turn on the heat which makes it difficult to crawl out of my nice warm bed.

The sandwich is a cucumber sandwich. I used an English cucumber because it has less water and I made a spread with mayonnaise, paprika and oregano to coat both sides of the bread. This should also help keep the bread from getting soggy.

Besides the sandwich which is a nice hefty whole wheat with the crusts trimmed, there are also carrot sticks, grape tomatoes and sliced apple which was dipped in some salted water to keep them from browning. This is a very simple meal, but she will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment