Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Falafel

As I mentioned on Facebook yesterday, I made some falafel. It is so easy, though I think that if I made bigger burgers they may have fell apart more easily than they did. It was just chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, salt and some pepper flakes all whirred to a paste in the food processor. Then I added a couple tablespoons of flour, pulsed and ta da! Falafel! The trick to keeping the patties together is to make sure one side is really dark brown before flipping over. I didn't do that with the first batch and a couple disintegrated in the oil.

I also threw together a taziki sauce with a small container of Greek yogurt, some shredded cucumber (squeezed well), garlic powder, dill and some lemon. The hummus was from the store. I have made it myself before, all the way to roasting my own sesame seeds, but I didn't have the time for that, so I bought some.

This one is Paiges. I didn't fill out the bread tier as much as I had hoped, but I didn't want the pita to get soggy.  The taziki is in the green container, hummus in the green muffin thing with tomatoes and a slice of lemon on top. The falafel is nestled in some red leaf lettuce.


This one is mine. Basically the same thing, but I am hoping that it will withstand a bit more knocking around in my book bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment