Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simply Delicious

Today was super easy. We had some yummy chicken last night simmered in an excellent homemade teriyaki sauce with rice and broccoli. Lunch is pretty much the same thing, but although I used some broccoli florets for decoration, her main vegetable are the pea pods.  I also added some strawberries for something sweet. This wasn't what I had planned, but how could I resist? I also cut the chicken smaller for easy eating with chopstick.s

Poor kid has some serious allergies going on, or it is a cold. She has no fever, so I couldn't justify her staying home, but I did dose her with some Claritin and Tylenol. It is going to suck for her walking home, but adversity makes us stronger, right?

As usual, the rice is washed out because I can't make my camera not use the flash. You can also see the dark circle from something being set there. It is clean though! Unfinished wood can be a pain. As you can see, there are the left overs on the right, separated and the pea pods and strawberries on the left. Not my best work, but a good lunch, especially compared to the school lunch, nonetheless. Oh, and the bottle has more of that yummy teriyaki sauce. It really is good, I should post the recipe sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment