Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lotus Root

Today we are trying a little something different with the same old stuff. I have this bag of frozen lotus root in the freezer because I wanted to try it, but haven't gotten around to it. I thawed them in the microwave then dyed them green. I need better food coloring because it turned about to be the shade of the bento box I was serving it in. On the top of the onigiri is a picture of a dog that I got in the cake decorating aisle at Micheal's. I get a lot of my cutters there. They are fondant cutters that are really sharp, I had one pierce my skin once, so I know.

Besides the rice I have three broccoli cheese bits, a bunch of carrot medallions, snow peas, grape tomatoes, the lotus root and a strawberry. I could barely get the covers on! I also packed a bottle of soy for the rice. Maybe Pippy can give me some ideas for a dipping sauce for the nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment