Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pasta and Sauce

Pasta and Sauce, Macaroni with gravy, whatever you call it the dish amounts too pasta with tomato sauce. We had it last night since I had one of my long days at school and it was something my eldest can fix. When it came time to clean up, my youngest asked if we should save it. Now, despite being pretty frugal, my first reaction is no, because no one ever eats it and then I have more to clean out in the refrigerator. My youngest child surprised me when I asked if she would eat it though, she said yes. Yay! There was still a lot thrown out, but she got her pasta in her lunch box today.

I am also trying out boiled edamame for the first time. I tried it and she will either love it or hate it. It has a nutty flavor, but is unmistakably a bean. I hope that she likes them because they are a good source of protein.

Along with the pasta I cut some English cucumber into sticks and some carrots into flowers. The edamame is on the side in the pods. I was barely able to make the carrot flowers because the diameter for the carrot was just wide enough and they aren't perfect. I hope that it made the meal a little better than just leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment