Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Pork and Shrimp Dumplings

Yes, you read correctly. My daughter is eating something with shrimp in it. This is not a new thing, but I never blogged about which is silly because I also like to share the good with the not so good as far as her eating habits go. She hasn't risen to the level of actually eating shrimp in general, and she still doesn't want nori to touch her food, but this is a start! I am starting to see some progress with her. She eats more of her chili with less tortilla chips and she actually ate half of a half breast of chicken at one point. I really think that she would like being a vegetarian (I don't see her as vegan), if she will just give different beans a chance. One battle at a time though.

I didn't make one form myself today. I know that come 1:00 I am going to regret that decision, but I just can't bring myself to want to eat right now. Maybe I will nom on a "energy bar" at school. The quotes are there because they are really roughage bar with sugar, LOL. Sugar does nothing for me. Now my kids? They get a sugar rush according to them and also according to them, that makes me weird.

There is also a rice level, but it only has a bottle of dipping sauce with it, nothing interesting. I don't know if you can see, but the carrots have hearts cut out of them and both pieces are used to decorate. Some day I will work on making one of those really cute bento that are out there, but I have neither the creativity, nor the energy to do so in the morning. The dumplings are sitting on a bed of red leaf lettuce. The carrots and lettuce are the only organic things in the box. My shipment hasn't included cucumbers and it never includes melon, at least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment